Malcolm Turnbull isn’t leaving old school technology like coal, oil and gas behind, so we'll get our message to him using old school communication - the fax machine!
Our Prime Minister has had plenty of time to unshackle us from the coal wagon that has ruled his party for too long. Global warming is happening right before our eyes with the Reef bleaching and temperature records being broken across the country, but the government continues to prop up the big polluters with handouts and approve new fossil fuel projects.
Write to the PM’s office today and we’ll fax your message off, with thousands of others, on Friday the 27th of May. Imagine his office being flooded with fax messages calling on him to get with the times!
Here are some messages you could use, but it's best to create your own:
- Hey Malcolm! Propping up fossil fuels is as out of touch as this fax machine. Young people what a safe climate future to look forward to, with new awesome clean energy technology, not the old school fossil fuels of the past.
- Hi Malcolm, you say you’re all about innovation but why are you so obsessed with fossil fuels and cutting jobs at the CSIRO? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Hey mate, coal is over. Adani’s Carmichael coal mine would mean game over for the Reef and our climate - please put the brakes on this dangerous project, and rule out Federal funding for it.
- Dear PM Turnbull, I want you to supercharge the transition to new clean technology, and do away with the old stuff that’s warming our planet - it’s time to get Australia back to the future.
- Hey Mr PM, my name is [_____] and I know you signed the Paris climate agreement, but you haven’t followed through with action - I’m calling on you to leave the fossil fuels in the ground and switch to 100% renewable energy. Can you commit?
Our you could write a poem or anything, make it as creative as you like! You could even upload a drawing if you want!
We’ll be livestreaming the faxing so you can watch it all unfold. If you’d like to get a notification when it happens, subscribe to our Facebook page here.